The artistic output that comes from IMMART centers around three main concepts, which often intersect and overlap: Community Projects, Collaborative Projects and IMMART Dinners.
COMMUNITY PROJECTS bring together artists within our network with the wider local community. All three of our community projects are either ongoing or in the next stages of planning. Read more about them here:
- Raining Poetry, ongoing street art project
- Food Memories, life writing, food and photography project
- Artival, arts festival
COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS with members of the IMMART Network and organizations and institutions engage with the arts, culture, migration and/or integration.
We are currently preparing for:
- 1989 Megaplex Worldwide Exhibtion Aarhus – IMMART and M’BARAKÁ collaborative ehibition, kids workshops and debate evening to be held at Domen in Aarhus in November 2019.
Previously held events include:
- The Forbidden Fruit – Freemuse and IMMART’s live-streamed discussion on the scrutiny women artists and female-centric themed art face. This is a satellite event for the Women Deliver 2019 Conference
- Migrant Voices in Nordic Literature mother tongue poetry readings, presentation of literary works, and discussion in collaboration with Nolitch X and University of Aarhus
- #MusicFreedomDay2019 Concert week celebrating freedom of music expression in collaboration with Freemuse, Café Mandela and BEAT Café
- Dots on the Wall International Art Exhibition in collaboration with Gallerie Lorien
- Elsker/Elsker Ikke (Loves me / Loves me not), Multimedia exhibition and events in collaboration with Gallerie Lorien
- disEMPOWERMENT Multimedia Exhibition in collaboration with the anti-trafficking NGO, HopeNow and the Danish Workers Museum (Arbejdermuseet)
- CinemaNovo Artist Talk & Film by Júlia Machado in collaboration with Cinemateket
- FLUGT Documentary Film Month featuring Malek Shafi’i, Vladimir Tomic and Habib Mohsen in collaboration with Johan Borups Højskole
IMMART DINNERS are social events that combine art, networking and food. The IMMART Dinner is a dynamic space where thoughts, experiences, emotions and ideas emerge, evolve and are discussed. It is also where meaningful connections are made to and with like as well as unlike members of society who have a common passion for art. Dinner guests constitute a broad cross-section of ethnically diverse artists and artscape stakeholders such as gallerists and other cultural workers, integration experts and civil servants, businesspersons, donors and art consumers. Read more about IMMART Dinners here.
IMMART has previously supported and promoted individual members, who are active within our network, by applying for funding and assisting them with organizing exhibitions, performances, screenings and such. We hope to begin these activities again in the future. Previously held events include:
- Mauritanian War Veterans, photographic exhibition by Yéro Djigo @ Københavns Kulturcenter during Copenhagen Photo Festival
- Edens Vugge. Hviskende Skabner fra Syrien, Fundraiser Exhibition by Jan Pêt Khorto (poetry) and Trine Kandborg (painter) @ Global Art Gallery
- Moharamat, Photographic Exhibition by Angélique Sanossian @ Nordvest Bibliotek
- Art Exhibition by Arsalan Chalabi @ Café Mellemrummet, Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke
Read more about the events and projects we have done and are continuing with now, and keep up do date with whatelse is happening via our Facebook page.